Skip to main content

Exit WCAG Theme

Switch to Non-ADA Website

Accessibility Options

Select Text Sizes

Select Text Color

Website Accessibility Information Close Options
Close Menu
The Skier Law Firm, P.A. The Skier Law Firm
  • Available 24/7
  • ~
  • Free Initial Consultation

What do I do if I cannot afford to make the bail set in my Florida criminal law case?

Video Transcription:

One of the components of a competent criminal defense attorney is to ensure that our client’s bond is set as low as possible. In the event that at first appearance the bond was set in an unjust or unfair way by hiring counsel, counsel can petition the court of home jurisdiction for a reduction of bond. In the event that the court agrees that the original bond is set too high based on the circumstances surrounding the charge of the cumulative criminal history of the accused, the court of home jurisdiction can modify the original bond and reduce the bond.

Share This Page:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn
Skip footer and go back to main navigation