West Palm Beach Burglary Lawyer
Harnessing Legal Expertise for Burglary Defense in Florida
Facing burglary charges in West Palm Beach can be a daunting experience, requiring a seasoned legal professional to navigate the intricacies of the legal system. The Skier Law Firm is your ally in these challenging times, providing expert legal representation to safeguard your rights and build a robust defense. Our team of dedicated attorneys possesses extensive experience in handling burglary cases, ensuring that you receive the best possible legal counsel tailored to your unique situation.
Call The Skier Law Firm today at (561) 220-3355 or contact us online to schedule a meeting with our burglary attorney in West Palm Beach!
What is Burglary?
Burglary is a criminal offense involving the unauthorized entry into a structure intending to commit a crime therein. The critical elements of burglary often include:
- Entry: Unlawful entry into a building, dwelling, or structure.
- Intent: The perpetrator must intend to commit a crime, such as theft, assault, or vandalism, upon entering.
What are the Penalties for Burglary in Florida?
Being charged with burglary in Florida can have serious consequences, with penalties escalating based on the degree of the offense. At The Skier Law Firm, our expert legal team handles a spectrum of burglary cases, from lesser offenses to more severe charges.
- Penalty: Up to life imprisonment.
- Circumstances: Burglary of an occupied dwelling, and the perpetrator is armed or becomes armed during the offense.
- Penalty: Up to 15 years in prison.
- Circumstances: Burglary of an unoccupied dwelling or any structure or burglary of an occupied dwelling without a weapon.
- Penalty: Up to 5 years in prison.
- Circumstances: Burglary of a structure or conveyance.
In addition to imprisonment, individuals convicted of burglary may face fines, probation, and restitution to the victim. The severity of the penalties underscores the critical need for a strong and experienced legal defense.
Attempted Second Degree Murder State vs Mckenley Dismissed
Burglary With A Battery State vs. Santos Not Guilty
DUI (3rd) State vs. Williams Not Guilty
First Degree Murder
State vs. BrunyNot Guilty
First Degree Murder State vs. Duncan Dismissed
“Scott is a busy man, but he always took the time to answer all questions and express himself when something wasn't clear to me.”
Mounting an effective defense against burglary requires a thorough understanding of the law and a keen awareness of potential defense strategies. At The Skier Law Firm, our legal team employs a range of defenses tailored to the unique circumstances of each case.
- Lack of Intent: Demonstrating that there was no intent to commit a crime upon entry can be a powerful defense. This may involve highlighting the absence of tools or evidence indicating criminal intent.
- Consent: Establishing that the defendant had permission to enter the structure can undermine the prosecution's case. This defense is particularly relevant in cases where the alleged victim provided consent.
- Insufficient Evidence: Challenging the evidence presented by the prosecution is a common strategy. Our skilled attorneys scrutinize every piece of evidence to identify weaknesses in the case against our clients.
- Mistaken Identity: Sometimes, mistaken identity may be crucial in burglary cases. Our legal team diligently investigates the circumstances surrounding the identification of the defendant.
Navigating burglary charges requires a meticulous and strategic legal approach. At The Skier Law Firm, we are staunch advocates for those facing such allegations in West Palm Beach. Our commitment to delivering formidable legal defense is unwavering, and our track record speaks to our commitment to securing the best possible outcomes for our clients. Contact us today for a confidential consultation if you or someone you know is confronting burglary charges. Your future deserves the protection of experienced legal representation, and The Skier Law Firm is here to provide it.
Contact The Skier Law Firm today to schedule a meeting with our burglary lawyer in West Palm Beach!