West Palm Beach Criminal Attorney
Born and raised in the Palm Beach County legal system
West Palm Beach criminal defense attorney, Scott Skier, was born in West Palm Beach, a second-generation legal professional. Scott grew up in the courthouse as the son of a Palm Beach County Judicial Assistant. Mr. Skier is well-known and respected within the confines of the court and has successfully defended countless clients in front of all local County and Circuit judges.
An intimidating process made a little less frightening
The criminal justice system is undoubtedly scary for anyone charged with a crime. Not knowing what is happening and what is going to happen can be dreadful. We believe that West Palm Beach criminal attorneys have a duty to alleviate those fears in addition to providing a top-notch defense. From the moment you call The Skier Law Firm to the moment your legal dilemma comes to a close, we are there for you, explaining each and every aspect of your case and keeping you informed at all times. West Palm Beach criminal attorney, Scott Skier, takes the time to describe every step in the process in simple terms so you know what to expect at each stage.
Our West Palm Beach Criminal Defense Attorney Defends the Rights of Those Accused of Crimes
Being accused or even suspected of committing a crime is very serious. Your first call should be to a criminal defense attorney in West Palm Beach. At The Skier Law Firm, we are aggressive and knowledgeable criminal defense attorneys with over two decades worth of experience.
Respected trial attorney with a record of success
If you’ve been arrested in Palm Beach or one of the surrounding counties, The Skier Law Firm, P.A. is prepared to deliver a vigorous defense based on our years of experience, skill, innate ability and a passionate desire to protect our clients. Attorney Scott Skier is:
Proven advocates — We’re determined to help you deal with the emotional trauma of the legal process so you can make well-informed, clearheaded decisions about your defense. We offer straightforward advice based on an accurate assessment of the risks to you, given the specific facts of your case. We place a premium on communication with clients, so you know where you stand at every stage of the process.
Proven negotiators — Attorney Scott Skier has been immersed in the Palm Beach County court system throughout their professional lives and have built a strong reputation among their peers for honesty and sound judgment. Mr. Skier has earned the respect of Prosecutors and Judges throughout the course of their career.
Proven fighters — There are times when justice can only be served by going to trial. The Skier Law Firm has enjoyed tremendous trial success in multiple high-profile State and Federal cases in which the odds were stacked against the client. These impressive victories have contributed to The Skier Law Firm’s reputation as formidable trial lawyers. To learn more about our successes please view some of our verdicts and news articles.
Building Your Case From The Ground Up
As Palm Beach County criminal defense attorneys, it is our job to do everything in our power, including using all of our local resources, to ensure the best possible outcome for you. This begins with a thorough review of your case. We will review your Arrest Affidavit (also known as the Probable Cause Affidavit) prior to meeting with you. We do this so we can properly determine what possible Defenses might exist regarding your matter. It is important to remember that simply because you are arrested for a crime, it does not necessarily mean that the State must file charges. We look for deficiencies in the prosecution’s case, inconsistencies among witness statements and question each detail. Due to our tenacity and dedication, we have built a strong reputation as West Palm Beach criminal defense attorneys who exceed the expectations of their clients.
5 Simple Tips on What to Do If You Are Arrested in Florida
Helpful suggestions from West Palm Beach criminal defense attorneys
What to do when encountering law enforcement:
- Always treat law enforcement with respect. Under no circumstance will it help matters to be rude or boisterous with the law enforcement officers investigating your situation. When you are under investigation all of your actions are being observed and sometimes even recorded. Don’t give them the upper hand by acting out in any way in which you may regret later on.
- Never speak with law enforcement officers about any topic if you believe you may be the subject of their investigation. No matter what they tell you, do not comment. Remember the line that we can all say by heart? “Everything you say will be used against you.” Why speak with anyone under these circumstances? If I tell you that anything you say I will hold that against you, why would we ever talk?
- Never give consent, or permission, to any law enforcement officer to allow them to search either yourself or your vehicle. If they have sufficient legal support to search either your person or your vehicle, so be it. Do not resist, and allow them to search. But never voluntarily give consent for these searches.
- Always gather as much information as possible if you think it will assist your case later on. If there were witnesses to your incident or arrest who may be able to express another side to the story, make sure to have their names and telephone numbers. These witnesses may be essential in defending your case. You should also do your best to document the incident. Taking pictures to preserve the scene of an incident or arrest might also go a long way in assisting the defense of the charge(s).
- Always consult with a local criminal defense attorney who has a reputation for fighting for the rights of their clients after being arrested. Your lawyer and their level of commitment to your case will have a significant impact on the outcome. Choose your lawyer carefully to ensure that your rights are properly protected and defended.
These helpful hints apply whether you are being arrested on charges of a misdemeanor or major crime, whether you are pulled over or served with a warrant. Being polite and courteous will always work in your favor.
When experience and trust matter most, retain the West Palm Beach criminal attorneys who will fight for you
An arrest and the uncertainty that follows can be terrifying. At The Skier Law Firm, P.A., we want you to be informed and confident that we have the skill and experience to help you. To schedule your free consultation, call us at any time at 561-820-1508 or contact our firm online. We serve Palm Beach County, Dade County, Broward County, Martin County, St. Lucie County, Okeechobee County, Lee County and the surrounding areas.